Thursday, August 23, 2007

busy but enjoyable

The past couple weeks have been quite eventful (to say the least) but at the same time - very much enjoyable, fulfilling, and exciting!
My mom took me and my friend Larissa (from Ukraine) to Disney World last week. We spent two entire full days in all four parks, while spending an additional day in Downtown Disney. We were all exhausted at the end - but it was a really fun trip, beautiful weather, and good times!
Last weekend I had the honor of attending Jake Larson's wedding in Nisswa, MN. To make things even better, I had the privilege of taking Karin with to the wedding! It was a fun drive up on Saturday. It rained for most of the trip, but stopped when we stopped for pizza (at an AMAZING little spot in Brainerd) and stopped completely when we got to Nisswa for the wedding! The ceremony was beautiful, with a godly message and some cool things I haven't seen/heard at a wedding before. For example, the pastor asked the parents if they were willing to release their children from the responsibility they currently had as a parent, and now change into a different responsibility as councillors to their children if needed. It was pretty neat.
Sunday was amazing - with a good message from Pastor Randy, and a good college group discussion.
Evensong was also incredible. It was Dave and Cheri's 29th anniversary - so that was really exciting! Dave talked about how to apply what we learned a couple weeks ago from II Peter 1:3-10ish - on the fact that God has given us power to overcome this corrupt world.
I took the day off on Monday to relax and catch up on chores at the house. I hung out w/ some friends of mine as well.
Tuesday I worked, but then hung out more w/ friends :)
Yesterday I took the day off again (haha) and spent the day with friends cleaning up CSF, hangin' out w/ Zeb, eating pizza, and getting ready for this fall. Later that night I went to Andover to pick up some break pads for my car (since I'm going to Chicago w/ Caleb and JB this weekend), and on the way up, JB called, so I met him and a couple of his friends at Applebees. When I got there I got a call from Mike Agnew's wife (Mike is a VP for Moody Bible Institute) and she invited Caleb, JB, and me to their house this weekend! That was pretty exciting!
After I hung up w/ her I got out of my car to see JB and his friend chatting it up w/ 2 cute Mormon girls! Sister something or other and her sister friend. They were really friendly, and it was perfect God-timing! JB and I tag teamed and talked about our faith and how it doesn't fit in with the Mormon ideas. We came to a basic agreement of the plan of salvation however - which is cool - but I'm still not sure where their hearts are. In any case they still need prayer.

That's quite the long post - but like I said - a lot has been happening lately! Now it's time to get back to work and keep planning this trip to Chicago! :)
Shalom,
Micah (6:8)

No comments: