Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Laguna Beach!!

It was a long but very relaxing day today! Amy and I woke up early and took several bags of cans, bottles and plastic to be recycled. Here in CA they have these little drop of sites where you get PAID for anything recyclable! The first place we stopped at was closed, so I called the number and got the address to the next closest site. That site was almost FULL and very busy! So we drove another 15 minutes to the next site! I think we came out with 12 bucks. I think I can get more for aluminum in MN still. But it would be nice to have those same drop off centers!
We stopped at a grocery store to get lunch food, then went back home to wake up the rest of the gang. We all ate breakfast, then drove out to...LAGUNA BEACH! It was SO nice! It was a weekday so the traffic wasn't too bad, and the crowd wasn't too big on the beach either! We same in the ocean, rode on the waves, went belly surfing, and made a sand castle with sand and seaweed! We walked the beach and saw crabs and other sea creatures. When we were swimming we even spotted two dolphins just a dozen yards away! I wish I had a picture of that! It was so great!! I think that was the highlight of my day!
Some people got a little redder in certain places, but for the most part we all got some pretty good tans and a lot of rest!
Later in the evening we met Amy's mom and Ha and they took us out to dinner - at a place called Korean BBQ. It was super fantastic! I had bulgogi and kimshi, fish, rice, and other Korean delicacies! It was sure tasty!
By the time the day was over I think we were all pretty tuckered out!
Road trip starts tomorrow!
Some quotes of the day:
"Is your hair really brown?" "I see you can drive farm equipment. Is that true?" ('I have driven a tractor before, yes sir!')
Pics coming soon!

No comments: